Santurtzi fishing harbour

Santurtzi fishing harbour

Basque Coast

Fishing ports

The construction of the breakwater and the beginning of the outer harbour in the late 19th century brought about a transformation in Santurtzi.

At this time the Park and the existing Fishermen’s Association were built on the land reclaimed from the sea, designed by E. Pagazartundua in 1916. Recently restored, this houses the fish market, the auction room, the premises of the San Pedro fishermen’s association, the new tourist office and the Santurtzi Itsasoa visitor centre.

Opposite this is the statue of Our Lady of El Carmen, the patron saint of Santurtzi since 1907.

Information of interest

Address
Puerto pesquero, 20 Santurtzi
Phone
Fish Sale

Yes